How to Host the Best Canada Day Pool Party
Canada Day, July 1st, is right around the corner — and so is nice summer pool weather! It’s time to celebrate our great country with throwing an amazing Canada Pool Party.
A quick history: Canada Day celebrates the anniversary of July 1st, 1867, when the Constitution Act united the three separate colonies of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick into one entity under the British Empire. However, these days, it’s known as a time to kickback, relax, celebrate, and enjoy a summer fun day around the pool.
How to prepare for your Canada Day pool party
- Plan ahead! If you know you want to enjoy the day, the weekend, and the pool, why not get everything ready ahead of time? This way, all you have to do on the long weekend is have fun.
- Pool water chemistry and cleaning. We always recommend having your pool water professionally tested by Cannonball Pools. The test is free and does not take long. Simply bring in about a quarter of a litre of water in a clean water bottle, and Cannonball Pools will test the water. We can then help advise you as to what is required to keep your pool clean and safe for swimming. Expert tip: If your water has gone a little hazy or potentially a bit green due to weather, maintenance, or other factors, you want to get started on the cleaning and balancing early. Sometimes it can take a bit of time to clean and get the water to where it should be.
- Let your guests know what they should bring. As every pool owner knows, supplying towels for everyone get be a pain…
- Your colour scheme, of course, should be red and white! And don’t forget the Canadian Flag.
- Try to find some good Canadian food and beverage ideas. A make-your-own-poutine table is a good start.
- Always keep an eye on swimmers in the pool. Kids and less experienced swimmers should never be unsupervised.
- Stay safe. Safety around the pool is always something to keep in mind when hosting a pool party.
- Have fun and celebrate Canada proudly!
Have fun with your Canada themes and enjoy the weekend. Cannonball Pools is here to help with any water chemistry questions, service issues, and pool related questions to help you prepare for the long weekend to come.
Don’t forget to come in to Cannonball Pools early so we do your free water testing, and supply you with that new pool lounger you’ve been eyeing.